Thursday, December 31, 2009

Minutes to midnight


Only a few more minutes to go before 2009 becomes a thing of the past and 2010 arrives with its fresh challenges and resolutions. The ubiquitous merrymaking all round to usher in the new year has really gained momentum in recent times; places like Park Street in Calcutta get flooded with people, flocking together in restaurants and discos for one big hurrah, dancing and celebrating into the night to welcome the new year. Even as I write this, the sounds of crackers and enjoyment can be heard from afar; infectious as they are, they egg on even the most reluctant and reclusive person to indulge in some sort of festivity in his/her own beautiful way. I am not much of a party-goer; I watched '3 idiots' today with family, and had a nice dinner at home. For me, every passing year has its own value, for it makes me richer in terms of experience and maturity, and helps me evolve into a better person; 2009 was no exception. It was quite rewarding in its own way - many good moments to cherish; I was in good health and good spirits throughout the year, and my academic performances were satisfactory too. I aspire to continue with this in 2010, staying physically and mentally fit, and focused on the many important tasks that lie ahead. Personally, 2010 is as important a year as it could be. By the end of this year, I should have appeared in GRE, fully prepared for GATE to be held in Feb. 2011, completed 7 semesters of my BME course, and most importantly, managed a decent, well-paying job !

Here's wishing everybody a very happy and prosperous new year 2010 ! :)

2 comments:

  1. i did not appear for GRE, and am not at all prepared for GATE, but we have completed 7 sems, and i have bagged a job :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what a job that is bro! i must say again CONGO :)

    ReplyDelete